REDUCE SYMPTOMS, KEEP ACTIVE, STAY CONNECTED
Research shows that consistent exercise benefits people with Parkinson’s Disease, helping to protect certain areas of the brain affected by the disease. Exercises that focus on balance, coordination, and agility, help those affected by Parkinson’s to maintain higher levels of function and greater quality of life.
The Parkinson’s Body & Mind program at YMCA of Greenwich offers group wellness classes as well as monthly support groups for this rapidly growing community.
Current Classes – LIVE at the YMCA & Virtual
Monday – PD Boxing w/ Quess @ 11:00am-12:15pm
Tuesday – PD Tai Chi w/ Ken @ 11:00am-12:00pm (virtual only)*
Wednesday – PD Boxing w/ Quess @ 11:00am-12:15pm
Thursday – PD Muay Thai w/ Quess @ 11:00am-12:00pm
Thursday – PD Yoga w/ Francesca @ 4:15pm-5:15pm
Friday – PD Weight Circuit w/ Ray @ 11:00am-11:45am
Saturday – PD Neuromuscular Integrative Action (NIA) with Kristin @ 11:30am-12:15pm
* There will be a designated room for Members who wish to do Tai Chi together or prefer a group environment.
Boxing: A class for all levels that combines strength, balance, and cardio training for an all-around work out.
Yoga: Calm your mind while improving strength and flexibility.
Tai Chi: Often described as meditation in motion, Tai Chi connects the mind and body through graceful movements. This ancient Chinese martial art helps relieve physical stress on the body with relaxation and coordination exercises.
Weight Circuit: Incorporating weights, body weight movements and boxing this circuit will work on both your strength and cardio.
Nia Dance: The Nia Technique is a barefoot, mindful movement practice that combines moves from dance, martial arts and healing arts. No experience necessary, dress comfortably.
DON’T MISS OUT!
Join our PD Body & Mind Support Group for people with Parkinson’s and their care partners. *Postponed until further notice*
Meet our PD Body & Mind Support Group Leader, Jim Stratoudakis Ph.D., LCP Retired
Parkinson’s (PD) Body & Mind Program Pass
In order to better serve the participants of our Parkinson’s Body & Mind programs and make it easier to receive YMCA communications and check-in, we have transitioned from a per class drop in fee* to a monthly rate for unlimited classes and programming.
PD Body & Mind Program Pass holders benefit from:
- Access to unlimited weekly Parkinson’s Body & Mind classes and programming at the YMCA.
- Having an active membership to the YMCA of Greenwich, thus receiving all YMCA communications as well as the ability to download the YMCA of Greenwich app for easy class registration.
- The ability to freeze the re-occurring monthly fee at any time as it suits the participant.
- Zero joiner’s fee that is normally assessed for new memberships.
- Coming soon! – One time assessment with a Parkinson’s clinical therapist for goal setting and mobility assessment.
Click here to sign up online for the Parkinson’s Program.