REDUCE SYMPTOMS, KEEP ACTIVE, STAY CONNECTED
Research shows that consistent exercise benefits people with Parkinson’s Disease, helping to protect certain areas of the brain affected by the disease. Exercises that focus on balance, coordination, and agility, help those affected by Parkinson’s to maintain higher levels of function and greater quality of life.
The Parkinson’s Body & Mind program at YMCA of Greenwich offers group wellness classes as well as monthly support groups for this rapidly growing community. Additional classes will be added in 2020 in new areas such as spin and aqua therapy.
All Parkinson’s Body & Mind classes are currently free of charge until May 1st due to COVID-19. Members can attend classes in person or virtually, non-members can only attend classes virtually. Our Parkinson’s Disease Body & Mind Program Pass begins May 1st. Please contact the Front Desk to register for a class if you do not have access to the members-only YMCA App for class reservations — email@example.com / 203-869-1630.
Current Classes – LIVE at the YMCA & Virtual
Monday – Boxing w/ Toni @10am
Tuesday – Tai Chi w/ Ken @ 11am
Wednesday – Boxing w/ Toni @ 9am
Friday – Yoga w/ Francesca @ 10am
Boxing: A class for all levels that combines strength, balance, and cardio training for an all-around work out.
Yoga: Calm your mind while improving strength and flexibility.
Tai Chi: Often described as meditation in motion, Tai Chi connects the mind and body through graceful movements. This ancient Chinese martial art helps relieve physical stress on the body with relaxation and coordination exercises.
DON’T MISS OUT!
Join our PD Body & Mind Support Group for people with Parkinson’s and their care partners.
Meet our PD Body & Mind Support Group Leader, Jim Stratoudakis Ph.D., LCP Retired
Parkinson’s (PD) Body & Mind Program Pass
In order to better serve the participants of our Parkinson’s Body & Mind programs and make it easier to receive YMCA communications and check-in, we have transitioned from a per class drop in fee* to a monthly rate for unlimited classes and programming.
PD Body & Mind Program Pass holders benefit from:
- Access to unlimited weekly Parkinson’s Body & Mind classes and programming at the YMCA.
- Having an active membership to the YMCA of Greenwich, thus receiving all YMCA communications as well as the ability to download the YMCA of Greenwich app for easy class registration.
- Reciprocity for nationwide access to participating YMCA’s. As of 4/1/2021, nationwide YMCA reciprocity is still on hold due to Covid-19.
- The ability to freeze the re-occurring monthly fee at any time as it suits the participant.
- Zero joiner’s fee that is normally assessed for new memberships.
- Coming soon! – One time assessment with a Parkinson’s clinical therapist for goal setting and mobility assessment.
Click here to sign up online for the Parkinson’s Program Pass.
* Any remaining credits of class punch cards can be credited towards fees of a Parkinson’s Program Pass.