REDUCE SYMPTOMS, KEEP ACTIVE, STAY CONNECTED
Research shows that consistent exercise benefits people with Parkinson’s Disease, helping to protect certain areas of the brain affected by the disease. Exercises that focus on balance, coordination, and agility, help those affected by Parkinson’s to maintain higher levels of function and greater quality of life.
The Parkinson’s Body & Mind program at YMCA of Greenwich offers group wellness classes as well as monthly support groups for this rapidly growing community. Additional classes will be added in 2020 in new areas such as spin and aqua therapy.
All Parkinson’s Body & Mind classes are currently free of charge until March 1st due to COVID-19. Members can attend classes in person or virtually, non-members can only attend classes virtually. We will reassess after March 1st. Please contact the Front Desk to register for a class if you do not have access to the members-only YMCA App for class reservations — email@example.com / 203-869-1630.
Current Classes – LIVE at the YMCA & Virtual
Monday – Boxing w/ Toni @10am
Wednesday – Boxing w/ Toni @ 9am
Friday – Yoga w/ Francesca @ 10am
Boxing: A class for all levels that combines strength, balance, and cardio training for an all-around work out.
Yoga: Calm your mind while improving strength and flexibility.
DON’T MISS OUT!
Join our PD Body & Mind Support Group for people with Parkinson’s and their care partners.
Meet our PD Body & Mind Support Group Leader, Jim Stratoudakis Ph.D., LCP Retired
Parkinson’s (PD) Body & Mind Program Pass
In order to serve the participants of our Parkinson’s Body & Mind programs better and make it easier to receive YMCA communications and check-in, we have transitioned from a per class fee schedule to a monthly fee schedule, effective Oct. 1st
PD Body & Mind Program Pass holders benefit from:
- Access to unlimited weekly Parkinson’s Body & Mind classes and programming at the YMCA. Currently there are three classes/week, however we anticipate adding two more (Boxing on Mondays, Tai Chi on Tuesdays) by Nov. 1, for a total of 5.
- Having an active membership to the YMCA of Greenwich, thus receiving all YMCA communications as well as the ability to download the YMCA of Greenwich app for easy class registration.
- The ability to freeze the re-occurring monthly fee of $49 at any time as it suits the participant.
- Zero joiner’s fee that is normally assessed for new memberships.
- Coming soon! – One time assessment with a Parkinson’s clinical therapist for goal setting and mobility assessment.
Click here to sign up online for the Parkinson’s Program Pass.
* Any remaining credits of class punchcards can be credited towards fees of a Parkinson’s Program Pass.