2024 Registration Open Now!
The YMCA of Greenwich offers a variety of Summer Camp options that value individuality, promote positive self-esteem, and build a sense of community. Our dedicated camp counselors are ready to provide a dynamic and engaging environment for campers of all ages. Weekly themes, special event days, swim lessons, sports, crafts, nature exploration, field trips and much more await our summer campers! We are committed to creating a memorable summer camp experience for all children. Join us for a summer filled with adventures!
2024 YMCA FACILITY TOURS
Come visit our Y to get a firsthand look at the facilities your child will spend their day at during Summer Camp. We will be offering tours on the following dates at 6:00PM. Click your preferred date choice to register for your tour.
We are looking for Counselors, Group Leaders, and Swim Instructors to join us in creating the best summer ever for our campers! Candidates must be 16+ years of age.
Contact Julia Borges at JBorges@gwymca.org for more information.
2024 Program Dates & Hours
8 Weeks | June 24 – August 16 | Monday – Friday
NO CAMP: July 4th & 5th
- Arts & Crafts
- STEM Projects
- Weekly Themes
- Special Event Days
- Gardening & Cooking
- Board & Brain Games
- Field Trips
- Fitness Classes
- Nature Exploration
- Weekly Beach Visits
- Sports & Field Games
- Instructional & Free Swim
How Do I Register?
To register for any of our camp groups, simply scroll to the 2024 Program Group section of this page, click on one of the buttons below, and follow the instructions to enroll.
Registration for week 8 requires attendance during one other week of camp.
Medical Forms MUST be submitted in addition to online registration!
Registration will not be confirmed until all documents are submitted.
- Complete the Health Assessment Record. Immunization records MUST be attached.
- Complete the Authorization for the Administration of Medication Form (if applicable).
- For Camp Scholarships, see Financial Assistance section below.
All forms are linked above. Forms must be emailed to Julia Borges at JBorges@gwymca.org or in person at the YMCA of Greenwich.
2024 Program Groups & Registration Details
Pre-K (ages 3-5 years as of 1/1/24)
Half & Full Day Options Available
Our little campers will engage in a world of discovery! Focusing on peer socialization, teamwork and imaginative play through structured indoor and outdoor activities. They will experience the full range of our facilities, including YMCA-accredited swim lessons, outdoor park trips, and age-appropriate project challenges!
Register For Your Discovery Camp Team Soon!
Entering Grades K – 5 (as of Sept. 2024)
Our big campers will explore a breadth of adventures this summer! Emphasizing compassion, honesty, respect, and responsibility through team sports & games, swim & nature exploration and dynamic STEM and arts projects, our campers will grow as active youths and community leaders all summer long. They will become true explorers through weekly trips to Tod’s Point focusing on swimming, hiking, nature crafts & activities and learning about aquatic life at the Bruce Museum Seaside Center!
Register For Your Adventure Camp Team Soon!
2024 Program Rates
As we approach the camp season, we will send registered parents information and resources specific to their child’s camp group, including daily schedules, activities and camper needs. Click the links below to view samples of these resources.
We are committed to ensuring any family, regardless of financial status, feels welcome to apply to the program. We are more than happy to walk families through the Financial Aid Application, via phone, email, or in person. This application can be submitted at any time and takes up to a week to process with the appropriate supplemental documents.
Please read the following information carefully to ensure your application is reviewed.
- Camp scholarships are NOT available for every week of camp. Registering your child for a specific week of camp before scholarships are awarded will not guarantee funding assistance for that specific week (regardless of the status of your scholarship application). Registering for camp before you have heard from the financial aid committee is not necessary and it does not increase the chances of receiving a scholarship.
- The camp scholarship program is solely based on financial need. The more specific you can be about your financial situation and/or need for financial aid, the quicker the financial aid committee will be able to evaluate your application.
- Limited funds are available. Scholarships are awarded in various amounts; not all aid is equivalent to full camp fees.
- Scholarship requests will be reviewed by the financial aid committee and camp leadership team. Information is confidential and is treated as such. After review, scholarship recipients will be notified by email and must accept the scholarship award to proceed with registering for camp.
- Be sure to fill out the application in its entirety. Applications missing information and supplemental financial documents will not be reviewed.
- In addition to the financial aid application, full tax returns are preferred, but acceptable documents also include bank statements, pay stubs, letters from employer, and/or confirmation of government assistance.
- Financial Aid Applications can be submitted at any time prior to the application deadline.
- Camp scholarships are to a specific individual and are not transferable to other youth.
- Scholarships cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2024
What To Know
Campers will need to pack their own lunch and at least two snacks, three are recommended for late stay campers. NO refrigerator or microwave available during camp hours. Campers MUST bring their own water bottles. Water will be provided throughout the day.
Campers will need a swimsuit, towel, change of clothes, flip flops/sandals and plastic “wet” bag on swim & beach days. Goggles and additional toiletries are optional. Closed toe shoes and a sun hat/baseball cap are required EVERY
day. Families will be notified of their group’s activity schedule upon registration.
Bathrooms & Changing:
All campers MUST be toilet trained to attend camp. Campers always use the toilet and change in separate stalls with a staff member close by for emergencies. Showers are NOT available after pool swims, but we do shower at the beach before returning to campus. Staff always use a separate bathroom.
Lifeguards are on duty at all times and camp staff always get in the water. Beginner and intermediate swimmers remain in the shallow end and platforms are in use for our smaller swimmers to feel more secure. Buddy checks are conducted every 10-15 minutes.
ALL campers wear life jackets, which can be removed if they pass the swim test. Life jackets are required even if a camper chooses not to swim. NO child is ever forced to swim, we leave the decision up to them. All campers wear
wristbands or caps to easily identify as swimmers or non-swimmers. If there is anything you feel we should know about your child’s feelings and/or experiences with water, please let us know. You will be asked to complete a swim survey before your child attends camp.
Registration will not be confirmed until ALL enrollment, financial and medical documents are submitted.
- Every line on page 1 of the Health Assessment Record MUST be completed and a current form must be submitted upon every new program enrollment.
- Full Immunizations Records MUST be attached.
- Last physical must be dated within 12 months of program enrollment.
- Medications will NOT be accepted without a completed Authorization for the Administration of Medication Form.
- ONLY Connecticut medical forms will be accepted.