Please check back for updates.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR ALL STAFF:
YMCA of Greenwich Character Development: The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling the mission and goals are: caring, honesty, respect & responsibility.
General Positions Available:
- Relations Associate/Front Desk
- Swim School Instructors
- Youth Sports & Wellness Instructors
Interested applicants may fill out a general application at the Front Desk or email resumes to email@example.com. Please include subject line Career Opportunity.
Wellness Associate Position
Reports to: Senior Director of Initiatives – Wellness, Programming & Membership
FLSA Status: Part Time / Non Exempt
- Active Listening Skills
- Excellent Relational Skills
- Passionate about the YMCA Promise
- Character Traits: Professional demeanor, proactive, self directed, attentive, solution-oriented, dependable and reliable, multi-task orientated, effective communication skills and ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
The primary job of the Wellness Associate is to support and service Members in a positive and engaging manner, while ensuring safety throughout all areas of Wellness. The Wellness Associate is an integral member of the staffing team, along with those staff in Membership, Youth Programming, and Aquatics. It is expected that the Wellness Associate will work in tandem with other staff to create an optimal experience for all members. This individual should possess a high level of interpersonal relational skills.
The Associate will make rounds between the main Wellness Center, Base Fitness, the Boxing Loft, and Wellness studios (including the Gymnasium). During rounds he/she will collect information such as usage numbers and class attendance, monitor safe usage of equipment, and greet all Members. He/she will actively make him/herself available to Members by answering any questions or proactively guiding Members through use of equipment. The Wellness Associate will be seen as first responder to any emergencies that happen in above areas immediately following the emergency action plan for any given area. This position reports directly to Director of Initiatives.
Wellness Associates must be certified in CPR and First Aid. While a personal training certification is not mandatory, he/she should be working towards a personal training or group fitness related field.
Applicant is required to complete the Child Abuse Prevention online modules prior to the first day of work, and refreshing courses as scheduled.
- Provide a high degree of Member service through a professional relationship with Members in regard to their needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA.
- Assist and educate Members in effectively utilizing equipment.
- Monitor fitness areas to ensure compliance with YMCA of Greenwich rules and safety.
- Provide Members with opportunities that will increase their involvement and ownership of the YMCA. (Examples: workout of the day, checking in on what they are training for, being present and promote classes and new ideas). Educate members of all programs offered at the YMCA, wellness or otherwise (membership promos, youth, etc).
- Update Wellness board on a daily basis with class changes, new classes, trainer schedule, daily workout etc.
- Monitor all equipment and record any issues, including but not limited to; need for replacement, broken parts, excessive wear or concerns of use for future. This is to be done in the equipment log, noting time and date.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of Wellness Center, including extensive wiping down of equipment on an hourly basis, picking up any trash and re-racking free weights, kettle bells, and medicine balls. At times, additional cleaning processes will be required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and work ethic in the spirit and values of the YMCA principles.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Check first aid supplies and alert director when running low.
- Proudly wear YMCA apparel and your name tag so Members know who to look for.
- If there are any concerns or complaints note time, date and Member and email to supervisor.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs). Must be able to lift equipment up to 70lbs.
*** Interested applicants should email resumes to Andrea Basso, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include subject line “Career Opportunity – Wellness Associate Position”.