Adaptive Programs provide children and adults with physical limitations and other special needs the chance to play sports and participate in learning opportunities in a fun atmosphere.
September 20 – December 19
- Member Registration: September 8
- Non-Member Registration: September 13
- NO CLASSES:
- Thanksgiving Break (November 24-28)
HOW TO REGISTER
Registering for our programs is fast and easy!
- Register Online. Visit our Online Registration Portal
- Register In-Person. Our Member Services Team is also available to assist you in signing up for classes and programs.
- Participants may only attend classes for which they are registered.
- NOTE: When you register for the Fall session, you will be reserving a spot for the entire duration of the Fall session (12 weeks), though we are only billing for four weeks out at a time. If you would like to cancel, you must send in a cancelation request at least five days prior to billing, which will happen on the first of each month. Failure to provide a cancellation request will NOT result in a refund or credit.
Safe & Strong
Adaptive Swim Lessons
Water Safety/Skill Building for Children with Special Needs
Thanks to a very generous grant from the Abilis Community Foundation, the YMCA of Greenwich will again be offering a free six week course designed to teach basic water safety and swimming concepts to children ages 3-12 with special needs.
Sessions are held on Saturdays for 30 minutes.
FALL SESSION ONE:
- Saturday, September 26 – Saturday, October 31
- Session Dates: 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31
- 3 half-hour lessons will be held between 7:15 AM- 9:00 AM (with 5 minutes between classes for social distancing)
FALL SESSION TWO:
- Saturday, November 7 – Saturday, December 19
- Session Dates: 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19
- 3 half hour lessons; Time TBD
WINTER DATES TBD.
To learn more, or to register, please contact our Aquatics Director, Lauren Chiappetta at 203.869.1630 ext. 208.