Private Study Room @ the Y
The Private Study Room at the YMCA of Greenwich is a study space solution for high school students who seek an accessible and safe environment outside the home in which to complete a virtual school day. Located in the 2nd floor Centennial Room the private study room offers a favorable atmosphere for independent academic productivity and focus.
Participants of the study room have access to resources at the YMCA for recreation and “brain breaks” as their schedules permit, including ping pong, foosball, use of the Wellness Center (15 and older)*, use of the Olympic Pool for lap swimming*, and use of the indoor and outdoor basketball hoops according to state guidelines. Daily reservations for the study room are available with an active YMCA membership. Capacity is limited to 4 students/session.
Features of the Study Lab @ YMCA of Greenwich
- Spacious and quiet room with large windows, which offer ample natural western light and fresh air.
- Individual desks per student, spaced at 6 ft apart. Max capacity of 4 desks.
- Private breakout space available as needed for group work or testing.
- Reliable Wifi and access to power outlets.
- Access to YMCA facility amenities as permitted with a secondary reservation*.
- Access to microwave, sink, designated restrooms, and small outdoor seating area.
- Convenient walking access to downtown Greenwich resources such as restaurants, food markets, shops, services, and public transportation.
*Requires daily reservation via the YMCA of Greenwich app.
- Students must bring own supplies, including charged laptop, notebooks, and headphones.
- Head phones MUST be worn when on ZOOM or Virtual Classrooms.
- Students must show valid student ID.
- Students are responsible for supplying their own water bottle, snacks, lunch. Vending machines available on site.
Available 48 hours in advance via the YMCA of Greenwich App.
This amenity is available to YMCA Members only and is free of charge.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday-Friday | 8:00AM – 12:00pm and 12:30pm – 4:30pm
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Masks must be worn at all times if sharing the room with others.
- Students of the Study Lab must have a signed Covid-19 waiver on file at the YMCA of Greenwich, as well as an active YMCA membership.
- Students must scan in at Front Desk where membership will be checked and payment processed.
- All students are expected to follow “classroom” etiquette, with conversations for zoom meetings kept quiet.
- Food and drink, with the exception of water, must be consumed in designated areas outside of the Study
- Students with a reservation may arrive at any time throughout their session.
- Students must respect all YMCA COVID-19 restrictions and operational policies and adhere to all current guidelines as set forth by the YMCA of Greenwich in accordance with the CDC, State of Connecticut, and Town of Greenwich.
- All participants of the study lab are expected to uphold and demonstrate the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Questions? We’d love to help.
For more information, please contact Christine Lavin at email@example.com.