ALERTS & HOLIDAY HOURS
- Facility and Weather Alerts
- Class Updates, Subs & Cancellations
- Holiday Hours
- Schedule is always tentative and subject to change. Updates will be posted when readily available. As always, please call the Front Desk at 203.869.1630 with any specific questions.
CLASS, INSTRUCTOR & FACILITY UPDATES
Policies on Age Restrictions:
During this time period, we ask for cooperation from our members in adhering to our policies on age restrictions. Specifically:
- Children under the age of 15 years old are not permitted in the Wellness Center, exceptions being only those aged 13-14 years of age who have participated in and completed the Wellness Pass Certification Program.
- Children under the age of 12 years old may not be left unattended at the YMCA unless the child is actively participating in a Youth program. At present time, all Youth Programming and Child Watch, including Youth Aquatics is suspended until further notice.
- Children over the age of 7 years old are not permitted in the Y Play Tumble Room. This room will be limited to no more than 15 people (children and adults). All children in the Tumble Room must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Reminder: This is a technology free zone.
Stay tuned! Our fantastic Youth Programming and Group Wellness instructors will be providing alternative activities and workout ideas to be posted to our website for things to keep you active even when you’re away from the Y!
Inclement Weather Policies
For the safety of our members and staff, the YMCA of Greenwich may close the facility due to inclement weather. Members may access information regarding closures and delays by:
- Calling 203.869.1630
- Checking the YMCA’s website and social media accounts: greenwichymca.org/alerts, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Check with local announcing stations -1490 AM WGCH (radio) and News 12 CT (television).
- In the event of wind, thunder and lightning storms: the CEO and Aquatics staff will determine any cancellations and will notify families accordingly via email.
- If Greenwich Public Schools are closed: All Youth Classes are canceled. All adult programs will run based on the availability of instructors.
- If Greenwich Public Schools have a 1 hour delay: All Youth Classes scheduled to start before 9:45 am are canceled. All classes after 9:45 am will run. All adult programs run based on the availability of instructors.
- If Greenwich Public Schools have a 2 hour delay: All Youth Classes scheduled to start before 10:45 am are canceled. All classes after 10:45 am will run. All adult programs run based on the availability of instructor.
- If Greenwich Public Schools have an early dismissal: All programs run based on the availability of instructors and at the discretion of the YMCA. Please call or check the website.
YMCA Weather-Event Notification Procedure:
When the weather is predicted to be bad (heavy rain, ice, snow, etc.) the YMCA Management will follow the below protocol for notifying Members of scheduling changes.
- We will decide at 10PM the night before expected inclement weather, to open at 7AM. At that time, an e-blast will be sent to all Members (those who have not unsubscribed) and will be posted to social media.
- The next day, between 5AM and 6AM, Y Management will contact the company in charge of salting and plowing to get a read on site accessibility as well as road conditions.
- Based on that input, at 6AM the decision will be made by Y Management to:
- Maintain the 7AM opening,
- Extend the delay, or
- Close for the day
* Another e-blast will be sent for alternatives 2 & 3.
* We will still follow standard procedure as it relates to the closing/ delays of Greenwich Public Schools and our programming.
* All updates will be posted to greenwichymca.org/alerts as well as Facebook and Instagram.