Current career opportunities:
Provides support to the Chief Financial Officer in all accounting operations, financial reporting, and cash management systems providing relevant, timely and accurate information to internal and external constituents.
- Conduct reconciliations, audits, and analyses.
- Process bank information; coordinate contact with banking institutions.
- Create, input, and maintain journal entries.
- Process balance sheets, income statements, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Support budget process, monthly and yearly accounting close.
- Prepare tax, grant, and other documents, schedules, and reports.
- Prepare Finance Committee reports and analyses.
- Assist with month-end and other report processing.
- Provide back up and training to others.
- Follow and enforce internal controls and other policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications: 4-year college degree with an accounting emphasis required. Additional years of experience may offset a portion of the educational requirement.
Experience & Background: 5-years experience in general accounting functions (A/R, A/P, G/L, C/R, account reconciliations and analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business/financial data & develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and analytical skills.
- Work well independently & as part of a team.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Strong oral & written, communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of and lead project teams.
- Ability to initiate facilitates progressive change.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
Apply by e-mail: email@example.com
Resumes accepted until: 12/20/2017
The Aquatics Coordinator, is a full-time position that oversees and provides leadership to the YMCA of Greenwich Aquatics Programs. This Coordinator will be responsible for the administration, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all Swim Instructors and Lifeguards. Under the direction of the Director of Programs, the Aquatics Coordinator will be in agreement, and an advocate, with the mission and values of the YMCA of Greenwich.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and an Associate Degree in related field or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in aquatics field with at least two (2) years of supervision experience preferred.
- Must have, or obtain within 6 months of hire, the following certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguard training & CPO license
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Perform effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to take initiative, demonstrate good judgment in problem solving and make decisions independently utilizing established branch and association policies.
- Computer efficiency is required: Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to prepare, monitor and control budgets.
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Must be able to effectively manage two busy pool schedules.
- Schedule and manage Lifeguards and Swim Instructors.
- Responsible for the development and control of Aquatic department budgets.
- Budget and fiscally manage the following aquatic programs: Swim School and Lifeguards.
- Effectively interacts with all of the Aquatics Departments including but not limited to: Aquatic Safety, Swim School, Swim Team, Water Polo Team, Dive Team, Lifeguards, Red Cross, Adult Aquatics and specialty classes.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and appraise required staff for the Swim School and Lifeguards and assist all staff in meeting their developmental needs.
- Ensure that all programs follow the program standards, policies and guidelines of the Y as well as state and local codes.
- Develop and implement aquatics risk management and emergency procedures, systems to ensure aquatic safety that include quick checks, lifeguard drills, and regular documented staff observations.
- Market and promote all aquatics programs.
- Organize space and equipment, maximizing the use of time and space.
- Supervises Swim School to develop class schedules, descriptions and ensure the curriculum is taught according to the YMCA model.
- Assist in Swim School registration each session
- Know and oversee pool operations and equipment management.
- Manage and oversee all special events that occur in the natatorium including but not limited to: swim meets, dive meets, water polo tournaments, and member’s lap swim.
- Maintain accident reports, records of equipment and safety inspections, and health code records.
- Ensure all YMCA policies & procedures, and health department requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Represent the YMCA of Greenwich and maintain appropriate relationships with area organizations and other YMCA staff.
- Serve on the Aquatic Advisory Committee for all three competitive programs: Swim Team, Dive Team, & Water Polo Team.
- Clear and consistent communication with YMCA staff and parents
- Interpret the YMCA as a membership organization, and represent the YMCA in a positive manner. Maintain relationships with other organizations and community groups.
- Project a positive and enthusiastic image on the job at all times.
- Support the Annual Giving Campaign, and encourage staff to do the same.
Applications may be dropped off to the Greenwich YMCA Front Desk, Attention Andrea Basso or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include subject line Career Opportunity.
Resumes accepted until: 11/24/2017
Part Time opportunities:
- Part Time Lifeguards
- Swim School Instructors
- Youth Sports & Wellness Instructors
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
Interested applicants may fill out a general application at the front desk or email resumes to email@example.com. Please include subject line Career Opportunity.
Member Activities & Volunteering
Do you have a skill or talent you want to share with us here at the Y? Passionate, dedicated and energetic volunteers are always needed and welcome! If you’d like to join our team, let us know. We have a number of fun and interesting ways you can be a part of our Y and want to hear what you have to offer your friends and neighbors.
Potential volunteers must submit completed volunteer application along with three completed reference forms – 2 professional, 1 personal.
For information about how to get involved, please email the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org