YMCA of GREENWICH JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Wellness Manager
Reports to: President & CEO
Date: July 2019
YMCA STAFF ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Engage members and the entire community as an energetic ambassador of our Y, reinforcing our mission and our positive impact.
- Serve as a positive role model and leader for total Wellness initiatives, fostering creativity and innovation backed by superb execution and communication to all stakeholders.
- Active Listening Skills
- Relationship Building Abilities
- Passionate about the YMCA Promise
- Character Traits: Proactive, self directed, attentive, solution-oriented, dependable, multi-task orientated, effective communication skills and ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
Under the supervision of the CEO, the Wellness Manager will provide premiere membership service and retention programs by planning, promoting and implementing all Group Exercise programs to ensure growth and development of the YMCA.
Must have a minimum of two years experience in this or a related field. A four-year college degree in a health related field of study is preferred. Prior experience as a YMCA professional is also preferred. Current CPR (child and adult), AED and First Aid. Must hold appropriate accreditations/certifications. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Strong knowledge of group exercise, as well as understanding of proper cleaning and upkeep of the wellness areas, are necessary.
RESPONSIBILITY – Wellness Manager
- Provides leadership to Group Exercise, Floor Trainers, and Massage Therapy programs.
- Projects a positive and enthusiastic image on the job at all times.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Develops retention and sales initiatives.
- Well organized, innovative and a team player.
- Makes independent and sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of Group Wellness for adults and youths.
- Ensures appropriate staff coverage regarding group exercise, etc. fills in as needed.
- Vary the schedule to attend all classes, evaluate the instructors and meet all members.
- Designs and maintains a diverse schedule of activities and classes for members of all abilities and wellness levels.
- Participates in the development, management, and monitoring of the approved budget for the Wellness Department and takes appropriate action to report and correct variances.
- Completes payroll for all associates in a timely fashion.
- Hires, trains, guides, and supervises Wellness staff and volunteers as necessary to provide member service effectively.
- Establishes systems and monitors adherence to membership policies, procedures and standards for both members and staff.
- Maintains appropriate training and certifications for staff. Ensures that all necessary certifications are kept up-to-date and timely submitted to Human Resources for personnel files.
- Coordinates with the Director of Human Resources to address concerns and to develop staff.
- Evaluates staff in a formal manner annually addressing growth areas on an on-going basis.
- Maintains relationships with other organizations and community groups.
- Visits other facilities searching for the best instructors.
- Conducts department staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Prepares a comprehensive courses outline and schedule, and review with the CEO.
- Prepares reports as requested by the CEO.
- Maintains a safe and well organized Wellness Center, Aerobics Studio, Free Weight Room and Spin Room.
- Works with supervisor, Facilities Director and staff to ensure that program areas are always clean and in proper working order. Communicates equipment problems promptly.
- Plans seminars relating to nutrition, diabetes awareness, etc.
- Plans monthly events: spin month, zumbathon, yoga open house, etc.
- Works on special events throughout the year and attends community functions to promote the YMCA, its mission and programs.
- Maintains high level of professionalism within the department by enforcing dress code, well behavior, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
The effectiveness of the fulfillment of this position shall be measured by:
- The degree to which there is a steady growth in the number of members attending classes as well as the level of member satisfaction.
- Sound administration of the group exercise department through purposeful and coordinated programs, good public relations and understanding, a sound financial position and good records.
- The morale of employed staff and volunteers and their effectiveness with people in the performance of their responsibilities.
- Early Childhood Toddler Teacher
- Relations Associate/Front Desk
- Part Time Lifeguards
- Swim School Instructors
- Youth Sports & Wellness Instructors
- Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
Interested applicants may fill out a general application at the front desk or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include subject line Career Opportunity.