Full Time opportunities:
Chief Operating Officer
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the direction of the CEO, this position supports the work of the YMCA of Greenwich, a leading non -profit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The COO’s role is to ensure the successful operation of the YMCA of Greenwich including growing membership, program development, volunteer recruitment, staff supervision, collaborations, budgeting, and financial results.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; background in Business Management a plus, or/and experience operating a large facility.
- Experience: Proven track record of success in Operations in either for profit or non-profit sector.
Reporting to the CEO of YMCA of Greenwich, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise, coach, and assess the effectiveness of direct reports through the development of annual goals, objectives, and metrics.
- Effectively communicate the standards for performance.
- Assess monthly performance v/s annual goals
- Make appropriate staff changes where necessary with counsel of CEO.
- COO plays a key role in building both annual operating budget and capital projects budget.
- Provides assistance in budget development and execution, making adjustments as identified in quarterly reforecasting exercises for all program departments under COO’s supervision.
- Reviews monthly financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled.
- Oversees management and control of department budgets under her/his supervision.
- Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs.
- Reviews programs and schedules to ensure quality and to optimize member wants/needs.
- Leads staff in the planning, development and implementation of new program initiatives and activities.
- Ensures initiatives in place to drive membership and retention.
- COO initiates and executes annual membership survey
- Ensures members have a great experience.
- Assure all risk management and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- Ensures building and grounds exceed member expectations in cleanliness and appearance
- Attends all board meetings and all committee meetings that are in COO’s oversight.
- Participates in other committees as appointed or as a member thereof.
- Encourages and helps implement board-directed committees within departments that report to COO.
COO must possess superb people skills for interaction with staff, Y members, and community partners.
Coordinating with HR, ensures staffs have resources available to them including a training plan for each department and each staff person, including part time staff.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume and cover letter to Andrea Basso, Director of Human Resources at Abasso@gwymca.org
Part Time opportunities:
- Relations Associate/Front Desk
- Part Time Lifeguards
- Swim School Instructors
- Youth Sports & Wellness Instructors
- Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
Full Time opportunities:
- Early Childhood Toddler Teacher
Interested applicants may fill out a general application at the front desk or email resumes to email@example.com. Please include subject line Career Opportunity.