Full Time opportunities:
- Early Childhood Toddler Teacher
Part Time opportunities:
- Part Time Lifeguards
- Swim School Instructors
- Youth Sports & Wellness Instructors
- Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
Interested applicants may fill out a general application at the front desk or email resumes to email@example.com. Please include subject line Career Opportunity.
Relations Associate/Front Desk
Under the supervision of the Member Services Operation Manager, the Relations Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service with emphasis on retention of members and recruitment and building relationships with new members.
Exceptional relationship building skills and the ability to work fluently across departments maintaining harmonious interaction with YMCA staff and volunteers is essential to the job. Must feel comfortable working with computers and learning new systems. Thorough attention to detail when processing transactions on the computers is required. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a challenging and high performing team environment.
Major responsibilities – Member Services
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Give tours of the facilities to potential new members and conduct new member interviews.
- Address any customer concerns or complaints and respond accordingly.
- Determine member needs and interests and follow up by making suggestions for services based on feedback.
- Have full knowledge and information pertaining to program offered across the YMCA.
- Support the Annual Giving Campaign, and encourage staff to do the same.
- Represent the YMCA as a member organization in a positive manner.
- Maintain relationships with other organizations and community groups.
- Project a positive and enthusiastic image on the job at all times.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with the YMCA members, staff, program participants and parents.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings and/or trainings, as required.
- Be available to participate in Membership events and programs outside of normal business hours.
For information about this position please contact Andrea Basso, Director of Human Resources at Abasso@gwymca.org or 203.869.1630 x. 521
Member Activities & Volunteering
Do you have a skill or talent you want to share with us here at the Y? Passionate, dedicated and energetic volunteers are always needed and welcome! If you’d like to join our team, let us know. We have a number of fun and interesting ways you can be a part of our Y and want to hear what you have to offer your friends and neighbors.
Potential volunteers must submit completed volunteer application along with three completed reference forms – 2 professional, 1 personal.
For information about how to get involved, please email the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org